1. Mother’s Day Giveaway. This is the last week to enter my Motherhood giveaway in honor of Mother’s Day so I hope all of you INCREDIBLE mamas head over to my Instagram (@chelseadavisphotography) and enter. Because you deserve a reason to celebrate you or another special mom in your life, and because it’s gonna be so much fun :) So go enter for yourself, enter for your mom, enter for your best friend, enter for your sister or your neighbor or the sweet mama in the school drop off line who looks like she could use a break (that would so be me!). Or be a total rockstar and enter for all of the above :) There is no limit to how many times you can enter, so what are you waiting for?? The session will take place in the greater Houston OR DFW area so don’t let not being in Houston stop you!
2. Speaking of Mother’s Day…I am looking forward to spending quality time with my little family this weekend, soaking up every second with them on Mother’s Day. No work, no chores, just us and just fun. Troy promised that he “and the kids” would make me breakfast and then we may spend the afternoon at the park after I go for my very-much-needed massage as the kiddos (and Troy) nap. We have been so busy the past few weeks and some days it has felt like we’ve been carrying weight of the world on our shoulders, although I know that in the grand scheme of things life is really good and luckily all of our worries can be remedied by a little R&R (and maybe some cake). It will be my first Mother’s Day with both kiddos and based on what Troy has mentioned, I can’t think of a better day for this mama. I hope each of you feel the same love this weekend! What are you doing to celebrate Mom’s Day?
3. CDP News. Since visiting CA, I have really developed a love for shooting on the beach and feel so lucky that we are so close to the coast. Since I did receive a good amount of interest in a set of beach minis, I decided to open up a limited set in the coming weeks to take place next month. They will be the LAST minis until our fall sets, which open up for booking around July 1 as part of our Halfway to the Holidays promo. Lots of fun coming up! I will also be sharing a new session option with you guys, which I am so very excited about. It’s been something I wanted to do for ages and I am thrilled to see it coming together. More on that soon :)
4. Thread Tune. I have been listening to the newest Zac Brown Band CD on iTunes and you really can’t get much better of a listen right now, so I am making the whole dang CD this week’s Thread Tune :) It’s definitely got a different vibe to it than previous records (hello, features from Sara Bareilles and Chris Cornell) but I’m liking it (even if I’ll Be Your Man has me in tears – ha!).
5. Sneak Peek. For now, here is a glimpse of a session I had been working on, with the cutest little girl :) We shot a little session to commemorate her baptism — isn’t she a doll?!
That’s about all I’ve got for ya today :) The babies are up from naps, dinner hasn’t been started, and there’s work to be done. Back to the grind I go! Have a great rest of the day, y’all!